FR Grants 2020 First Session
Publication of the results
The Rambourg Foundation introduces a new budget line FR GRANTS which will now support cultural and artistic projects across the Tunisian territory.
Molka Haj Salem
+216. 71 781 467
Wishing to keep on strengthening the cultural sector and to encourage its various actors, the Rambourg Foundation Tunisia agrees to grant, for its very first edition, grants which will aim to support cultural and artistic projects across the Tunisian territory.
The purpose of this project is to enhance and assist artistic creation in all of its expressions: publishing, painting, theater, dance, writing ... in order to strengthen the cultural diversity by allowing the project promoters the opportunity to consolidate their creations within civil society. The emphasis on the works of artistic project holders will aim to build skills in the cultural sector as well as the creative economy.
Each selected project can be financed between 2,000TND and 5,000TND. A total of 8 to 20 projects will be funded over the year.
In order for their projects to be taken into account, applicants must comply with the following conditions :
- The FR Grants are open to structures created and established in Tunisia whose main activity is cultural or artistic.
- Physical individuals must provide there patent.
- The applicant cannot be in a partnership in another application at the same time.
To be eligible for FR Grants, the submitted project must meet the following conditions :
- The candidate can only submit one single project.
- The project must be carried out in Tunisia.
- The project is supported by the Candidate, who directly and significantly participates in it .
- The same project must not be submitted concurrently by another Applicant who would also have contributed in it.
- The project must be linked to artistic creation, in all of its expressions: publishing, painting, theater, dance, writing …
- The projects funded must be designed and thought out with an inclusive and participative approach which fits into the geographic and social context. These projects should be developed with real particular attention to the question of audiences and its development.
- Projects with cross-financing plans will be encouraged and technically supported as well as a capacity strengthening for project leaders, could be contemplated.
- The project must be intended to be carried out, continued or developed in the year following the grant.
- Winners are accountable for the progress of the project and the use of funds assigned to them.
- The applicant will have to provide certain personal information on the website as well as information about the structure or organization he represents.
- The applicant must deposit on the website a written document which will explain the previous projects made by the structure or organization that he represents.
- The applicant must deposit on the website a written document specifying the project he wishes to present as part of the FR Grants. The project must be designed and thought out with an inclusive and participatory approach which fits into the geographic and social context. The applicant will demonstrate mastery of the project management cycle and a conscious intervention logic.
- Clear and detailed explanations will be put in place to help applicants complete their file and precisely define the expectations and requirements of FR Grants.
Assistance will be provided via email and telephone, in order to respond directly to the candidates' questions.
- The project can be presented in French, Arabic and English. Communication around the Grants will be in French and Arabic.
All requests must meet the following criteria :
- Allow access and attract culture to all audiences.
- An innovative and creative cultural offer.
- Initiatives aimed at improving individual and collective living conditions and an increase in the social and economic situation of populations in the Tunisian territory.
- New initiatives or new approaches, which are committed, to the whole of the territory, especially in the deprived areas.
The file selection process will be done in two stages : The submission of a complete file which will be evaluated by an evaluation committee, composed of two independent experts recruited by the Rambourg Foundation, followed by interviews with the preselected project leaders to establish the final list of projects selected and the amounts to be allocated. The amounts will be allocated to the best projects that the evaluators will choose after consolidation with the Rambourg Foundation.